When dewatering your worksite it is important to know the depth of the water you will displace. You need to match the height of your Aqua-Barrier® temporary cofferdam to the water depth. If your cofferdam is too short, it will not be adequate to dewater your worksite. Judging depth of water can be challenging, though. Use this guide to learn how to use a sonar fish finder to more easily measure the water depth of your next worksite.
A Better Way to Find an Accurate Water Depth for Your Worksite
Fishermen use sonar fish finders to locate fish under the water and find ideal fishing spots. They also use them to avoid hazards such as shallow waters, logs, and rocks. Designed to display everything beneath the surface of the water, sonar fish finders are ideal for accurately measuring the water depth of your worksites.
How a Sonar Fish Finder Works
A sonar fish finder is composed of two parts: a transducer and a display. Sound waves are sent into the water by the transducer, which bounce off of things and then back to the transducer. The transducer interprets the data, estimating the size and depth of the objects, and sends this information to the display. The display converts this information into a graphic representation of everything below the surface of the water.
Using a Sonar Fish Finder at Your Worksites
It is extremely important to know the depth of your worksite when determining what height your Aqua-barrier® Cofferdam needs to be. The Aqua-barrier® is placed around your worksite and the water inside the barrier is used to inflate it. Any excess water is then displaced to a holding area. If the Aquabarrier® is too short, it will not effectively keep the water out of your worksite. Use a sonar fish finder to easily measure the depth of your worksite and the height of the cofferdam you will need. With this height, the length, and other information, use our Aqua-barrier® Cost Calculator to determine the cost of the cofferdam you will need. There is no easier way to determine the depth of the water.
Make Measuring Water Depth Much Easier
It can be a challenge to determine the accurate water depth for your worksite, yet it is crucial when dewatering with an Aqua-barrier® Cofferdam. Contact Us for more information on how to use a sonar fish finder to measure the water depth for your next Aqua-barrier® installation.
Social consciousness about the environment has never been stronger and you can see it reflected in the media, social media, and legislation. You may feel a personal responsibility as a global citizen, want to protect your public reputation, or you may just want to make sure you are compliant with current regulation. No matter how you look at it, it’s in your best interest to be environmentally conscious with every aspect of your projects. Aqua-Barrier® is your key to an environmentally friendly dewatering solution. Consider the following:
Your Next Project’s Environmentally Friendly Dewatering Method
Dewatering a project site causes a considerable disruption to the local ecosystem and can harm the wildlife if not done properly. Aqua-Barrier® is an easy-to-install water-filled cofferdam that makes your dewatering process environmentally friendly for you. Here’s how:
- The water you need to displace is used to fill the barriers, so no foreign material needs to be brought in to the worksite.
- Nothing below the surface is affected because Aqua-Barrier® sits on top of the surface.
- At the end of the project, the displaced water is simply drained back into its place of origin leaving behind no debris to clean up.
- The barrier material is non permeable, allowing nothing to leak through the barrier membrane.
- The barrier material is “soft” in nature, no sharp edges that could be harmful to plant and wildlife.
- Aqua-Barrier© can be installed by hand to further minimize the environmental impact.
- Aqua-Barrier© installation requires less fuel and energy than conventional cofferdams, making them the eco-friendliest dewatering solution.
Best for the Environment, Best for You
The Aqua-Barrier® cofferdam takes all the work out of making your dewatering process eco-friendly while saving you money and time. Hydrological Solutions specializes in cost effective and environmentally friendly temporary cofferdams in the construction industry using water inflated dams including the Aqua-Barrier®. To learn more about environmentally friendly dewatering methods, Contact Us.
Keeping your next construction project running smoothly and on schedule is a feat for the gods. No matter the size, complexity, or location unexpected delays plague every construction project at the end of the day. With many factors out of your control, like the weather, it is wise to plan ahead as much as you are able and make sure you have everything you know you will need beforehand.
Consider these 3 ways to make sure you have your Aqua-Barrier® when you need it:
Get Your Aqua-Barrier®Fast
- Use Our Cofferdam Cost Calculator to determine the cost of the product, labor, and equipment for the Aqua-Barrier® to meet your project needs. Having a well-informed cost estimate for every part and process up front is the first step in ensuring your project will run as smoothly as possible. This will also position you to adjust well to challenges as they come. Make sure you will have your Aqua-Barrier® when you need it by calculating the cost today.
- Use AquaComp to simulate the behavior of Aqua-Barrier® tubes when placed in their intended environment. Gather as much data as you can about your project needs so you don’t overspend or under prepare. The AquaComp computer program will give you an accurate preview of how Aqua-Barrier® will function in your specific scenario, so will you know what you need.
- Reserve Your Aqua-Barrier® as early as you can to minimize delays. As you know, summer is a busy time of the year for construction which means our inventory is in use out in the field. We are dedicated to a quick response time and delivering when our clients need us, but it can take time to move inventory. Help us serve you best by reserving your Aqua-Barrier® as far beforehand as you can. We will make sure you have it when you need it.
Let Aqua-Barrier® be your cofferdam of choice for your next construction project. Use our online tools to help you reserve your Aqua-Barrier® as early as you can and minimize unexpected delays. Being prepared and informed will improve your bottom line. Hydrological Solutions provides water inflated cofferdams in the construction industry as a cost-effective dam option. Contact Us to reserve your Aqua-Barrier® temporary cofferdam today.
Waterparks have long been a favorite place for families to relax, unwind, and have fun. The blue water, many slides, and laughter give them a playful, low-key atmosphere that effectively masks their many upkeep and maintenance challenges. You are most likely all too familiar with the difficulties of underwater construction and repairs and the necessity of dewatering. The method you choose to remove and store water in the pool areas can have a significant impact on the time and ease with which you complete the project. Many contractors rely on the Aqua-Barrier® inflatable cofferdam to expedite the construction process while maintaining a fun and safe environment for waterpark guests.
Traditional Methods used to Dewater Pool Areas
- Sandbags have long been the go-to dewatering method. While this option will work, the challenges it presents can cost you more time and money. You will need to either prefill the bags and transport them to the site, or fill them with sand onsite. The bags will also have to be manually placed at the site. After all of this, water can still escape through cracks.
- Cofferdam with Retention Pool. A traditional cofferdam can also be used with all of the displaced water stored in a retention pool. This method requires time to set up the cofferdam, create the pool, and to move the water. It will necessitate additional funds for tools and supplies.
Waterpark Construction: Using a Water-filled Cofferdam
The Aqua-Barrier® Cofferdam’s water-filled design makes it the perfect solution for waterpark pool area construction projects. Take a look at how it could save you both time and money:
- Installation is Fast and Simple
The cofferdam is filled with the very water you need to move so it goes up quickly. The time and effort required to drain water is significantly reduced and there’s no need to move fill material.
- Molds to Area with Airtight Seal
Since the Aqua Barrier® is filled with water, it molds to the environment forming an airtight seal. The shape of the pool area and waterpark features that may normally get in the way will not interfere with the Aqua-Barrier® system. This makes it versatile and easy to use in pool areas.
- No Need to Drain Entire Pool
Aqua-Barrier®, when strategically placed, can be used to section off the portion of the pool you need to work on while leaving the rest available for revenue-generating use. If additional room is needed for water to be stored, use Aqua-Barrier® in conjunction with Insta-Tank® to store water and maximize pool water conservation.
As you can see, the Aqua-Barrier® water inflated cofferdam system has multiple benefits. This is why it has been used in various applications worldwide including Schlitterbahn in Galveston, Texas and Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
Dewater Your Pool Areas with Aqua-Barrier®
Simplify your waterpark construction projects by dewatering pool areas with Aqua-Barrier® inflatable cofferdams. Save time, save money, and improve the bottom line for you and your clients. Contact Us for more information on how a water filled cofferdam can help speed up your waterpark construction or repair projects.
Not only is the Aqua-Barrier® one of the most innovative and cost-effective dewatering solutions on the market, but it comes with unique accessories that help facilitate installation and use for your worksite.
Fill Ports (1)
Each Aqua-Barrier® is equipped with 3- or 4-inch industrial grade, threaded fill ports. Fill ports are installed in pairs near each end of the barrier.
End Pipeloops (2)
Pipeloops are fabricated on each end of the barrier to facilitate precise placement and rapid removal. Inserting a pipe through the loops allows you to maneuver the barriers with an elevated, heavy equipment arm.
Aqua-Barriers® are in-field repairable! Utilizing a specialized adhesive and material patch, repairs can be made even while the barrier is wet.
Drain Ports (4)
There are 8-inch drain ports on each end of the barrier. Additional drain ports are also located along both sides of the unit; the number and position vary depending upon barrier length.
Bonus! Shipping and Storage (5)
The Aqua-Barriers® are produced from flexible vinyl membrane. The barriers can be packaged on standard pallets for cost effective shipping and storage.
Read more about Aqua-Barrier® Accessories.
Learn More about the Aqua-Barrier®
Aqua-Barrier® accessories make the temporary inflatable cofferdam an even easier dewatering solution for a variety of construction projects. Whether you are installing a pipeline, building a bridge, installing a boat ramp, or working on a large shoreline restoration project, the Aqua-Barrier® will provide a dry and safe worksite for your contractors or crew.
Contact us to learn more about the diverse applications of the Aqua-Barrier® cofferdam and we will be happy to answer questions you may have about using it for your next construction project.