Although summer is quickly fading into fall, the season’s naturally low water levels have yet to return to normal. Dewatering your worksite when water levels are low may seem like a job for sandbags. But there’s a much better solution. Many contractors rely on water-inflated cofferdams, even for smaller jobs like summertime dewatering.
The Aqua-Barrier® temporary cofferdam may seem like a bigger solution than you need. You have probably seen the Aqua-Barrier® being deployed for much larger projects. The enormity of this water-inflated cofferdam solution may seem overpowering for smaller projects with low water levels. The good news is that this dewatering tool comes in various sizes, making it the best dewatering solution on the market, no matter the project size. The Aqua-Barrier® is a great solution for dewatering construction sites, summertime flood control, and general water containment.
The Versatility of the Aqua-Barrier® Temporary Cofferdam
The Aqua-Barrier® water-inflated cofferdam was designed with flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and ease of use in mind. Not only is this method reusable and easy to deploy, but the various sizes available make it ideal for any project.
The Aqua-Barriers® you rent will depend on the size and shape of your project. Choose from the following:
Custom heights and widths are also available for purchase and barriers can be connected to fit any work area.
Aqua-Barriers®, by design, are a very versatile solution making them ideal for various projects, even where water levels are lower than usual. Whether you need a summertime dewatering method, flood control or water containment, the Aqua-Barrier® has you covered.
Across the country water levels are lower in the summer months. Lower water levels do not decrease the importance of controlling the hydraulic environment of your construction site. The choice is yours – avoid a potentially costly delay by trading labor intensive sandbags for easy to install Aqua-Barriers®. As you know, sandbags can take hours to install. On the other hand, an Aqua-Barrier® is much easier to deploy. For small jobs Aqua-Barriers® can be can be installed manually. For larger jobs, Aqua-Barriers® will require some heavy lifting machinery, but a hundred-foot-long six-foot tall wall is approximately 1% the weight of a traditional sandbag wall of the same size.
Summertime Flood Control
Aqua-Barrier® offers several distinct advantages over sandbags for flood control. You don’t always have days to prepare for a flood. A 6×100 foot sandbag wall requires over 617,500 pounds of sandbags, which need over 617 cubic yards of storage. By comparison, a 6×100 foot Aqua-Barrier® wall is only 1,098 pounds before inflation and requires only 16 cubic feet of storage. Once floodwaters have contaminated sandbags, they need Hazmat procedures for removal, adding a costly and time-intensive element to cleanup.
Even with lower water levels, many construction projects require water containment. Sandbags are a multipurpose tool not specifically designed for water containment. They are not water tight by design, and that can result in unwanted water in your worksite. On the other hand, the Aqua-Barrier® is specifically designed for water containment, using a sophisticated internal baffle system that locks into place when introduced to uneven water pressure. The Aqua-Barrier® system can be used to contain both moving and standing water. One of the most popular ways that it is used for summertime water containment is during pool maintenance and repair.
Aqua-Barrier® the Superior Choice
In these dryer months, many contractors make the misguided decision to use sandbags. Sandbags are less efficient, environmentally unsafe and costly to dispose of. The benefits of Aqua-Barriers® aren’t only for construction sites with deep water; temporary cofferdams are the most ideal solution for construction site dewatering (and more!) in all seasons. Contact us to learn more about using the Aqua-Barrier® cofferdam system for summertime dewatering and find out which size is most appropriate for your project.
Social consciousness about the environment has never been stronger and you can see it reflected in the media, social media, and legislation. You may feel a personal responsibility as a global citizen, want to protect your public reputation, or you may just want to make sure you are compliant with current regulation. No matter how you look at it, it’s in your best interest to be environmentally conscious with every aspect of your projects. Aqua-Barrier® is your key to an environmentally friendly dewatering solution. Consider the following:
Your Next Project’s Environmentally Friendly Dewatering Method
Dewatering a project site causes a considerable disruption to the local ecosystem and can harm the wildlife if not done properly. Aqua-Barrier® is an easy-to-install water-filled cofferdam that makes your dewatering process environmentally friendly for you. Here’s how:
- The water you need to displace is used to fill the barriers, so no foreign material needs to be brought in to the worksite.
- Nothing below the surface is affected because Aqua-Barrier® sits on top of the surface.
- At the end of the project, the displaced water is simply drained back into its place of origin leaving behind no debris to clean up.
- The barrier material is non permeable, allowing nothing to leak through the barrier membrane.
- The barrier material is “soft” in nature, no sharp edges that could be harmful to plant and wildlife.
- Aqua-Barrier© can be installed by hand to further minimize the environmental impact.
- Aqua-Barrier© installation requires less fuel and energy than conventional cofferdams, making them the eco-friendliest dewatering solution.
Best for the Environment, Best for You
The Aqua-Barrier® cofferdam takes all the work out of making your dewatering process eco-friendly while saving you money and time. Hydrological Solutions specializes in cost effective and environmentally friendly temporary cofferdams in the construction industry using water inflated dams including the Aqua-Barrier®. To learn more about environmentally friendly dewatering methods, Contact Us.
Keeping your next construction project running smoothly and on schedule is a feat for the gods. No matter the size, complexity, or location unexpected delays plague every construction project at the end of the day. With many factors out of your control, like the weather, it is wise to plan ahead as much as you are able and make sure you have everything you know you will need beforehand.
Consider these 3 ways to make sure you have your Aqua-Barrier® when you need it:
Get Your Aqua-Barrier®Fast
- Use Our Cofferdam Cost Calculator to determine the cost of the product, labor, and equipment for the Aqua-Barrier® to meet your project needs. Having a well-informed cost estimate for every part and process up front is the first step in ensuring your project will run as smoothly as possible. This will also position you to adjust well to challenges as they come. Make sure you will have your Aqua-Barrier® when you need it by calculating the cost today.
- Use AquaComp to simulate the behavior of Aqua-Barrier® tubes when placed in their intended environment. Gather as much data as you can about your project needs so you don’t overspend or under prepare. The AquaComp computer program will give you an accurate preview of how Aqua-Barrier® will function in your specific scenario, so will you know what you need.
- Reserve Your Aqua-Barrier® as early as you can to minimize delays. As you know, summer is a busy time of the year for construction which means our inventory is in use out in the field. We are dedicated to a quick response time and delivering when our clients need us, but it can take time to move inventory. Help us serve you best by reserving your Aqua-Barrier® as far beforehand as you can. We will make sure you have it when you need it.
Let Aqua-Barrier® be your cofferdam of choice for your next construction project. Use our online tools to help you reserve your Aqua-Barrier® as early as you can and minimize unexpected delays. Being prepared and informed will improve your bottom line. Hydrological Solutions provides water inflated cofferdams in the construction industry as a cost-effective dam option. Contact Us to reserve your Aqua-Barrier® temporary cofferdam today.
Waterparks have long been a favorite place for families to relax, unwind, and have fun. The blue water, many slides, and laughter give them a playful, low-key atmosphere that effectively masks their many upkeep and maintenance challenges. You are most likely all too familiar with the difficulties of underwater construction and repairs and the necessity of dewatering. The method you choose to remove and store water in the pool areas can have a significant impact on the time and ease with which you complete the project. Many contractors rely on the Aqua-Barrier® inflatable cofferdam to expedite the construction process while maintaining a fun and safe environment for waterpark guests.
Traditional Methods used to Dewater Pool Areas
- Sandbags have long been the go-to dewatering method. While this option will work, the challenges it presents can cost you more time and money. You will need to either prefill the bags and transport them to the site, or fill them with sand onsite. The bags will also have to be manually placed at the site. After all of this, water can still escape through cracks.
- Cofferdam with Retention Pool. A traditional cofferdam can also be used with all of the displaced water stored in a retention pool. This method requires time to set up the cofferdam, create the pool, and to move the water. It will necessitate additional funds for tools and supplies.
Waterpark Construction: Using a Water-filled Cofferdam
The Aqua-Barrier® Cofferdam’s water-filled design makes it the perfect solution for waterpark pool area construction projects. Take a look at how it could save you both time and money:
- Installation is Fast and Simple
The cofferdam is filled with the very water you need to move so it goes up quickly. The time and effort required to drain water is significantly reduced and there’s no need to move fill material.
- Molds to Area with Airtight Seal
Since the Aqua Barrier® is filled with water, it molds to the environment forming an airtight seal. The shape of the pool area and waterpark features that may normally get in the way will not interfere with the Aqua-Barrier® system. This makes it versatile and easy to use in pool areas.
- No Need to Drain Entire Pool
Aqua-Barrier®, when strategically placed, can be used to section off the portion of the pool you need to work on while leaving the rest available for revenue-generating use. If additional room is needed for water to be stored, use Aqua-Barrier® in conjunction with Insta-Tank® to store water and maximize pool water conservation.
As you can see, the Aqua-Barrier® water inflated cofferdam system has multiple benefits. This is why it has been used in various applications worldwide including Schlitterbahn in Galveston, Texas and Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
Dewater Your Pool Areas with Aqua-Barrier®
Simplify your waterpark construction projects by dewatering pool areas with Aqua-Barrier® inflatable cofferdams. Save time, save money, and improve the bottom line for you and your clients. Contact Us for more information on how a water filled cofferdam can help speed up your waterpark construction or repair projects.
Whether you are laying pipes in a river or lake bed, performing maintenance on an underwater structure, or building a bridge, dewatering the worksite is a must. Cofferdams are widely used for this purpose and come in many shapes and forms. Water filled cofferdams have become a popular choice in many industries due to the many benefits associated with this type of solution.
Why Choose a Water Filled Cofferdam?
If you have never used a water filled cofferdam before for your projects, you may be wondering how it is different and how it compares to using sandbags or other types of cofferdams.
Here are 5 Key Benefits of using a Water Filled Cofferdam for your Next Project:
ONE: Water filled cofferdams are easy to fill and quick to install.
This type of cofferdam solution goes up very quickly and easily because the water does all the work.
TWO: Fill material is available in abundance on site
Water is readily available on site so you never have to worry about carrying enough fill material with you to set it up.
THREE: Molds perfectly to physical environment
Water is pliable and flexible. When you fill the cofferdam, it forms to the river bed, lake bed, or other environment with no resistance.
FOUR: Forms airtight seal to prevent water escape
With sandbags and other materials, you run the risk of water escaping through the cracks. With a water-filled cofferdam, this risk is eliminated due to the nature of the seal that is formed when it is installed.
FIVE: Eco-friendly, no environmental footprint
Water filled cofferdams are reusable and have no environmental impact. Not only does this reduce product waste, but also saves money as they do not have to be replaced often.
At Hydrological Solutions, we are experts on water filled cofferdams. Our Aqua-Barriers® are built to help provide our customers the peace of mind they deserve when working in sensitive conditions. For more information about Aqua-Barriers® Cofferdam, please visit our FAQ. If you’re interested in our effective inflatable cofferdam solution, give us a call at 936-372-1222 or toll free at 800-245-0199. We look forward to hearing from you.