Cofferdams vs. Sandbags
People have been using sandbags for dewatering for decades, and although they may be the first solution thought of, there are many drawbacks to using them. You may have tried using sandbags in the past to prevent invasive water from entering your property. And if you did, you found out the main problems with using sandbags are:
- They aren’t user ready: They are time-consuming to lay and fill, difficult to handle.
- They are susceptible to water seepage. Sandbags do not provide a water tight seal can lead to leaks.
- After the flood, they require Hazmat procedures for disposal.
- They become contaminated waste once soaked with filthy floodwaters full of bacteria, creating disposal problems. This provides an additional cost to your clean up total.
- They aren’t environmentally safe like the Aqua Barrier Cofferdam System.
Inflatable dams are a superior choice to sandbags because they are easy to install, depending on the size of the project it can take only a few hours!
Another advantage to using an aqua barriers is that it leaves no environmental footprint. It can be installed within hours, and when the job is finished, it is drained, deflated, rolled up, and ready for it’s next project.