Waterparks have long been a favorite place for families to relax, unwind, and have fun. The blue water, many slides, and laughter give them a playful, low-key atmosphere that effectively masks their many upkeep and maintenance challenges. You are most likely all too familiar with the difficulties of underwater construction and repairs and the necessity of dewatering. The method you choose to remove and store water in the pool areas can have a significant impact on the time and ease with which you complete the project. Many contractors rely on the Aqua-Barrier® inflatable cofferdam to expedite the construction process while maintaining a fun and safe environment for waterpark guests.
Traditional Methods used to Dewater Pool Areas
- Sandbags have long been the go-to dewatering method. While this option will work, the challenges it presents can cost you more time and money. You will need to either prefill the bags and transport them to the site, or fill them with sand onsite. The bags will also have to be manually placed at the site. After all of this, water can still escape through cracks.
- Cofferdam with Retention Pool. A traditional cofferdam can also be used with all of the displaced water stored in a retention pool. This method requires time to set up the cofferdam, create the pool, and to move the water. It will necessitate additional funds for tools and supplies.
Waterpark Construction: Using a Water-filled Cofferdam
The Aqua-Barrier® Cofferdam’s water-filled design makes it the perfect solution for waterpark pool area construction projects. Take a look at how it could save you both time and money:
- Installation is Fast and Simple
The cofferdam is filled with the very water you need to move so it goes up quickly. The time and effort required to drain water is significantly reduced and there’s no need to move fill material.
- Molds to Area with Airtight Seal
Since the Aqua Barrier® is filled with water, it molds to the environment forming an airtight seal. The shape of the pool area and waterpark features that may normally get in the way will not interfere with the Aqua-Barrier® system. This makes it versatile and easy to use in pool areas.
- No Need to Drain Entire Pool
Aqua-Barrier®, when strategically placed, can be used to section off the portion of the pool you need to work on while leaving the rest available for revenue-generating use. If additional room is needed for water to be stored, use Aqua-Barrier® in conjunction with Insta-Tank® to store water and maximize pool water conservation.
As you can see, the Aqua-Barrier® water inflated cofferdam system has multiple benefits. This is why it has been used in various applications worldwide including Schlitterbahn in Galveston, Texas and Disney World in Orlando, Florida.
Dewater Your Pool Areas with Aqua-Barrier®
Simplify your waterpark construction projects by dewatering pool areas with Aqua-Barrier® inflatable cofferdams. Save time, save money, and improve the bottom line for you and your clients. Contact Us for more information on how a water filled cofferdam can help speed up your waterpark construction or repair projects.