Cofferdam – The Aqua-Barrier® Solution
The Aqua-Barrier® cofferdam is an inflated, water-filled device essential for dewatering construction sites and as a flood protection tool to keep commercial properties safe from floodwaters. Its unique internal baffle system ensures a stable product that is safe to use while outperforming traditional methods like sandbags. Discover the Aqua-Barrier® difference by exploring the specific applications you require.
Engineering A Cofferdam
Now that you know about what our cofferdam water barrier can do to help prevent invasive waters from entering worksites and commercial properties, you may be wondering just how they work:
- First, the cofferdam would not be able to withstand the pressure against invasive waters without having a sophisticated Internal Baffle System. Our patented internal baffle system will lock into place when the barrier is exposed to uneven water pressure.
- In order for the barrier to remain stable, 25% freeboard is required. Freeboard is a term used to describe the amount of the barrier that is left above the water level.
- Finally, our cofferdam requires surface friction to stabilize when exposed to uneven water pressure. If exposed to weak soils or other surfaces, the barrier may slide and require additional freeboard work as intended. Need additional freeboard or support? Please talk to one of our qualified representatives for details.
So how is it that our cofferdams are so effective besides the use of our unique internal baffle system? Our cofferdams are constructed from industrial grade vinyl coated polyester. This fabric is laminated with a base of woven polyester between two layers of flexible polyvinyl chloride. This allows the barrier to be easily repaired, reused, and stored in compact areas and offer ease of handling.
The Power Of AquaComp
To protect an area from invasive waters, we have developed a program called AquaComp that is designed to simulate the behavior of the cofferdam tubes when placed in their intended environment. This tool is especially useful if you decide to use a water inflated cofferdam but are unsure of whether or not it will be suitable in the type of environment you’re working in. Depending on the forces at hand that dictate friction and pressure, AquaComp will determine if the product specifications will meet and exceed your current needs. Call us today to receive your FREE copy at 800-245-0199.
We offer a representative to help your crew understand how to install and dismantle our products. There are two very basic ways to install our inflatable dam for dewatering projects. You will either be installing where moving water is present or in conditions that allow your crew to walk through static water.
- If you must install the inflatable aqua barrier over moving water, you must first have a shoreline anchor to ensure the cofferdam does not float away. For more information about installing in moving water, click here.
- If your work area includes only static water, your crew may unfold the cofferdam and walk to the designated area. For more information about installing in static water, please click here.
Aqua-Barriers® Cofferdam Instruction Manual
Click to view and download instruction manual – AB Instruction Manual.
Get In Contact With Us!
Our Aqua-Barriers® are built to help provide our customers the peace of mind they deserve when working in sensitive conditions.
For more information about Aqua-Barriers® Cofferdam, please visit our FAQ. If you’re interested in our effective inflatable cofferdam solution, give us a call at 936-372-1222 or toll free at 800-245-0199. We look forward to hearing from you.